Netball is popular for good reason – it’s fast and fun and you get fit and make friends. We’re thrilled you’ve decided to play – now all we need to do is entice you to do it with Kissing Point!
Kissing Point Netball Club is of the larger clubs playing in Ku-ring-gai Netball Association’s competitions on Sydney’s upper north shore. We are one of the 18 clubs participating in the main winter competition (March-August on Saturdays) and we’re also among the 11 clubs which compete in the mid-week spring competition (September-December). Both competitions are played across two venues at the Canoon Road courts in South Turramurra and at Lofberg Road, West Pymble. We think there are lots of good reasons to play with Point:
- Opportunities abound for players, umpires and volunteers. We have heaps of teams playing at just about every level, which makes it easier for players to find their niche; easier for umpires to get the support they need to develop; easier for parents to get involved (or not!) in running the club, coaching or managing. For example, in 2016, Kissing Point Netball…
- Registered nearly 350 playing members
- Fielded 31 teams in the winter competition across KNA’s Open, Cadet, Intermediate, Junior and NetSetGO! divisions.
- Fielded 21 teams in the spring competition across KNA’s senior and junior grades, both ladies and mixed.
- Entered 5 teams in KNA’s NetSetGO! and Junior gala days
- Had great fun helping some 30 5-10 year-olds improve their basic netball skills via our own club’s spring NetSetGO! training program in Term 4.
- Contributed talented players to KNA’s representative ranks in development and state age teams.
- Trained young players as umpires, all of whom achieved a district badge grading and who brought the number of Kissing Point umpires running the sidelines during the winter competition to about 30. In addition, we were thrilled to support club members gain a higher badge, including 3 who achieved their first national badging qualifications.
- Helped our coaches attend courses to improve their skills.
- Was gratefully assisted by dozens of volunteers who helped in many and varied roles.
- We’re a real community club with a proud reputation for being a happy, friendly bunch who like to play a fair game. Our roots originated in the local South Turramurra suburb, adjacent to the Canoon Road netball courts, but have since spread to attract players from all over Ku-ring-gai.
- As part of the Kissing Point Sports’ Club we have our own licensed clubhouse, which makes a great venue for community social activities. It also means we ascribe to the over-arching philosophy of being a club for good sports, both on and off the sporting arena, be it playing netball, baseball, soccer, cricket or softball.
I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career
I’ve lost almost 300 games
26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed
I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life
And that is why I succeed